Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Intern Wrap-Up

Displaying photo.JPG


After an eventful summer, I am back in College Station and wrapping up my internship. On Friday morning, I will give a presentation reflecting on my intern experience. I am very glad to have had the experience. Hands on learning is something so valuable to me. In many facets of academia, things are done to appeal to both visual and auditory learners. I think there is a true lack of focus on kinesthetic learning. Howdy Farm has given me a place where I could touch, feel, and experience the material I am learning in my college career.

Many changes are taking place at Howdy Farm. In August, we welcomed the arrival of our new Sustainability Building. Having this wonderful gathering place right in the middle of the farm will give us many opportunities.
Displaying photo.JPG

Displaying photo.JPG

I am now an officer for the Sustainability Agriculture Student Association (the student group that helps run Howdy Farm) and look forward to continuing my involvement with Howdy Farm, even though my time as an intern has come to and end. I know  that, since January, I have learned much about farming as well as  about working with people, communication, marketing, sustainability and much more. I cannot wait to continue growing in my new position.


No comments:

Post a Comment